The 2019 Black History Month Parade takes place on Saturday, February 23, 2019. The parade starts at 1:00 p.m. in the historic Sweet Auburn district of downtown Atlanta.
The parade route begins at Hurt Park.
ome of the best parade viewing places are:
- Along Peachtree Center Ave., between Gilmer St. and Decatur St.
- Near the Intersection of Peachtree St. and Marietta St. (Near Five Points MARTA Station)
- Along Marietta St., between Woodruff Park and Centennial Olympic Park
The official parade route is as follows:
- Parade begins at Hurt Park, near the intersection of Gilmer St. and Peachtree Center Ave.
- Proceeds south on Peachtree Center Ave. for two blocks to Decatur St.
- Turns right (west) on Decatur St., which then becomes Marietta St.
- Proceeds down several blocks of Marietta St. to Baker St.
- Turns right (east) on Baker St. and enters Centennial Olympic Park at the north entrance (between Baker St. and Centennial Olympic Park Dr.)